Barista, The Little Dog Coffee Shop
The Job: Barista
Starting Date: Hiring Now
Reports To: Owner/Manager
Location: Maine St., Brunswick
We are looking for outgoing, friendly people, who enjoy helping customers and coworkers with a smile and a kind word. As a Little Dog barista you will learn how to prepare and serve our complete product line, including brewed coffee, espresso drinks, and our homemade food offerings. Under the guidance of our experienced team you will learn and implement our policies and guidelines for all aspects of working in our store. This is a hands-on, multi-tasking position that requires you to be as quick on your feet as you are with a smile.
What You Need to Apply:
* At least one year of customer service, preferably in a fast paced cafe/food service environment.
* A genuine interest and desire to learn more about coffee and preparing coffee and espresso drinks.
* The habit of showing up on time, ready to work, and with a smile, of course.
* The ability to learn quickly on the job, often during very busy shifts.
* Availability to work any of our shifts during the week, weekends, and holidays (we only close on Thanksgiving and Christmas).
* A nice, friendly, warm, and outgoing personality that really wants a customer and coworker happy that you’re here.
* A passion for doing things well and doing your part. We’re busy and we need people who like a job that keeps them busy.
* Be flexible, both in personality and physically. One minute you’re dealing with your dream customer or coworker, the next your not. One minute your pulling espresso shots, the next your taking out a very heavy trash can full of espresso grinds.
* Be particular. Want the drinks and food that you prepare and serve to be awesome! Our customers love this and you, when they know you care.
* A good sense of humor. Seriously. The people that thrive here take their job seriously, but not themselves. This place is what we all make of it!
If you fit this general description, please fill out this online application. If it all works out, you’ll like this place and our people. You’ll get paid well enough, and you’ll be taken good care of by all the people around you.