Posted: January 2016
The Job: Savory & Pastry Chef
Starting Date: Hiring Now
Reports To: Owner/Manager
Location: Maine St., Brunswick
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Seeking full-time, year-round kitchen staff for a busy café that values from-scratch cooking and quality ingredients. Individual should possess both baking and savory kitchen experience, as well as the ability to work autonomously. Responsible for ensuring all menu items (see attached menu) are available at all times.
POSSIBLE JOB DUTIES:
1. Makes any and all of the following as needed from-scratch; muffins, scones, coffee cake, cinnamon buns, biscotti, macaroons, trail bars, cookies, brownies, soup, quiche, savory spreads (pesto, hummus, etc), and other products as required.
2. Responsible for keeping inventory stocked and rotated, paying close attention to any quality control issues.
3. Checks in and puts away orders on days when needed.
4. Cleans all kitchen surfaces, sweeps floor and empties trash daily. Deep cleans kitchen equipment as necessary.
5. Communicates with other kitchen staff about the cooking and baking needs on days off to ensure products remain available and any prep work is completed.
6. Assists in customer service as needed (by answering phone, answering customer dietary questions, etc)
7. Communicates with manager about ordering needs on a weekly basis.
8. Local travel for business purposes may be required.
9. Other tasks as necessary
1. 2 – 3 years cooking experience in a commercial kitchen.
2. Must be able to lift/move at least 50lb
3. Flexibility in schedule. Requires weekends and holidays, with the exception of Christmas and Thanksgiving. All shifts are early morning (5am).
This individual will be responsible for assessing the volume of product necessary based on customer traffic and creating a daily/weekly plan for production. Communicating needs with other kitchen staff and manager is critical to success in this position. Open, honest, and positive communication is a must at all times, with everyone. We look forward to welcoming just the right individual who has just as much passion for food as we do.
If you fit this general description, please fill out this online application. If it all works out, you’ll like this place and our people. You’ll get paid well enough, and you’ll be taken good care of by all the people around you.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.