Project Little Dog:
Warm Coats, Full Bellies, and Toys under the Tree!
Happy Holidays everyone! Like many of you, Julie and I feel very blessed by our family, our friends, our business, and all the good that’s come our way. So this year we’d like to start a Little Dog tradition of Holiday Giving Back by serving as a donation center for these local and very worthy organizations that help out so many of our friends and neighbors:
- The Toys for Tots Foundation
- The Salvation Army’s Coat For Kids Operation Warm
- The Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program
When you walk in our front door you’ll see a collection boxes for each organization. While each organization tries not to closely define what kinds of donations to make, the following might guide your giving.
MCHPP December Wish List
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Tomatoes
- Pie Filling
- Baked Beans
Toys for Tots
- All gifts new and unwrapped.
- Any toy you think you’re young child would enjoy (please no realistic looking weapons or gifts with food).
- Suggestions for pre-teens and teens include: sporting goods, books, backpacks, cosmetics, purses, watches, wallets, bath gift sets, board games, radio control cars/trucks, hand held electronics, skateboards/helmets, curling irons, hair straighteners, and hair dryers.
Operation Warm Brand New Winter Coat:
- Warm fleece lining.
- Detachable hood options.
- 100% polyester fill.
- Available in many colors and sizes.
- Soft and Cozy.
- Why New? For many children, a new coat may be the only item a child has ever received. Operation Warm loves seeing these new coats inspire pride, excitement and joy, and help to raise self esteem and peer acceptance of children struggling in poverty.
The Little Dog will be happily filling each of these donation boxes with $100 worth of fun, warmth, and food. For those of you who can also manage to help out, we look forward to seeing you when you stop by with your donation.